VEP is currently accepting resumes and letters of interest for the following position.
Please consider the eligibility requirements and submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Coordinator – TESOL/ESL Certified (Part Time)
Mission Statement: Founded in 1986 as an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the Volunteer English Program (VEP) connects volunteers with adult English language learners to provide one-to-one tutoring and cultural enrichment that empowers immigrants to be successful.
Summary and Purpose:
The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing direct services and support to adult English Language Learners and volunteer tutors. Primary responsibilities include interviewing non-native English speaking adult students, conducting assessments, and matching these individuals with a volunteer tutor. This position also supports efforts to recruit, train and mentor volunteer tutors in the community, and maintain and promote high standards of practice in the field of adult English Language Learning and American cultural education. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and oversee the life cycle of student-tutor pairs: conduct student intake interviews at the West Chester office or throughout Chester County as needed; assess student goals and design a customized education strategy; match new students with tutors; perform regular follow-up with pairs; coordinate periodic student testing. Record all activity in CiviCRM database.
- Promote strategies for successful adult student and volunteer engagement; provide mentoring and resources to tutors.
- Prepare volunteers through community-based, tutor training workshops.
- Review and order textbooks and other instructional materials as needed.
- Collaborate with team members to prepare and execute company events, such as the annual summit, tutor trainings, and professional development workshops. Arrange for tutors and students to speak and participate at organizational events and training sessions.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required, advanced degree preferred.
- Experience working with adults and diverse communities in an educational, volunteer or non-profit environment is essential.
- Ability to effectively respond to questions from staff, volunteers or members of the community and communicate effectively in both written, oral and electronic form.
- Experience in constituent relational database, CiviCRM or similar software program.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media.
- Must have dependable personal transportation.
This is a part time, permanent position. VEP is an equal opportunity employer.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Subject: Program Coordinator Position
No calls, please.